FAQ 1. What is an Alloy?
An Alloy is the collective name given to all metals that have been combined by man with various materials to produce another type of metal, for example, stainless steel, titanium, copper, brass and aluminum are all Alloys.
FAQ 2. Why choose ALLOY metal tiles?
- We only work with high-grade metals. Some companies will substitute high-grade metals with cheaper materials that will corrode and not last. Only ALLOY, manufacturers of the authentic solid metal mosaic tile, provides a Certificate of Origin document, which ensures only high-grade stainless steels and metals are used.
- Punched from one sheet of 1.6mm metal, ALLOY tiles are made from solid metal and containno backing mesh, plastic inserts or metal look-alike 'metallic' coatings, so ALLOY tiles won’t dent, crack or de-laminate. Beware of imitations!
- ALLOY has been producing metal mosaics for more than 10 years and we are recognised for our consistent quality.
- ALLOY metal tiles are face mounted for better protection of the tile face during installation.
- Stainless steel and other metal tiles cannot be cut on site without leaving sharp edges and burn marks, ALLOY is the only manufacturer to offer a full range of finishing pieces ensuring a superior finish when a full tile will not fit!
- Our metal tiles are Australian Made and therefore guaranteed sweatshop free.
- Because we design and manufacture, it is easy for us to custom make designs and develop new forms to expand your creative license! Tile sheets can be manufactured with any combination of materials + finishes. Simply contact us with your specification.
- We stand proudly behind our product and will be there to answer any questions you may have or provide any assistance you may need during installation and for the life of our metal tiles.
FAQ 3. Can I buy ALLOY tiles on-line?
You can't buy large quantities of tiles through our on-line store, but you can buy samples of every tile style and finish, just visit the specific tile page you are looking for. If you'd like to place a tile order please contact us directly through our showroom and we'll arrange to ship them to you wherever in the world you may be.
As ALLOY metal tiles are a premium product we want to ensure you are getting the right tile for the right situation along with the best the sales support possible, so before you contact us to purchase your ALLOY tiles, feel free to browse through our showcase or order samples online. If you need assistance at any time or contact us and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
FAQ 4. Can you ‘cut’ ALLOY metal tiles?
No. ALLOY tiles are solid metal and are therefore very difficult to cut like regular ceramic tiles, particularly if you don’t have the right tools. Our metal tiles have been designed to provide a seamless finish and we don’t like to leave anything to chance. We have designed an extensive range finishing pieces to ensure the perfect installation.
FAQ 5. I’m a DIY’er, can I install ALLOY tiles myself?
We do not advise installing ALLOY tiles yourself. As ALLOY metal tiles are a premium tile product, we highly recommend using an experienced, professional tiler who is familiar with providing a high quality finish. Please contact us if you require the name of a suitable tiler in your area, we may be able to help.
FAQ 6. Does stainless steel rust?
No, however, if there is some appearance of ‘discolouration’ it is usually surface contamination that deposits ON the surface of stainless steel, this can